Friday, December 7, 2012

Please Hear What I Am Not Saying

Please Hear What I Am Not Saying
This is a poem that I first was careless to back in 1981 in my first bookish psychology class at Rochester Build of Machinery. My tutor was Dr. David Wiesner. I later soil out the newly picked author was Charles Finn. I get pleasure from used this poem in a kin of contexts, from supplementing the Character Theories (use of personas/masks, "presentation of self," to exploring Rogerian ideas chance to identity and self-concept) to use with groups/classes that had ask getting exterior the "fronting" that we maintain to do. My dear is to do a dramatic reading of the poem, slowly and with pauses so I can look around the room and valve appreciation.

I open this with my AP class today--they, timetabled with beforehand devotee were copious in demand with the indispensable truths to the words. I get pleasure from had some students reject "the reality" of poem, saying they were the exception to this, accordingly it is not true.

"The thicker the buckskin, the deeper the piece."

Expound is a intermingle to a.pdf design of the poem.

Please Knock Anything I AM NOT SAYINGan discrepancy by Dr. David Wiesneroriginal by Charles C. Finn

Don't be fooled by me.Don't be fooled by this blurry that I call together.For I call together a thousand masks and none of them are essentially me.Masks that I'm too appalling to angle off, fearing that you'll get to advise me.

Pretending is an art that is second nature to me.I'm pretending that I am in report and that I need no one.That I'm stunning and that my makeup is so ductile and I cannot be shaken by whatever.I act as if I am in perform, but make laugh don't for one aspect be fooled by my makeup, that's only my blurry.

Not more than this blurry lies no satisfaction, no complacence.Not more than this blurry dwells the real me in havoc, despondency, and fear.

But I don't deduce tell you that.I don't deduce tell you that this is my blurry.

I'm intimidated by all the indicate of my weaknesses being careless.

I think about it all the time. Will I look like a fool?That's why I work hysterically to yield this blurry to wharf feathers in my relationship with people.This blas, impressive facade helps me fantastic and shields me from the aspect that knows me.But such a aspect is perfectly my only rescue.It's my only rescue if, even now, the aspect is followed by authority and love.It's the only fetish that can present me from for myself, from my own self-built cell...from the barriers that I get pleasure from so from top to bottom produced.It is only that aspect that will prove to me of what I cannot prove to in for myself and, that is, that I am essentially charge everything.

But I don't tell you this. I don't deduce to. I'm appalling to. I'm appalling that your aspect will not be followed by authority and love.I'm appalling that you'll think less of me...that you'll chortle and that your chortle would kill me.I'm appalling that deep-down I am nothing. That I'm just no good and without delay you're departure to find out and you'll no longer love me...that you'll reject me.So I play my bout. My miserable, pretending bout with the facades of swear from without and that of a quaking lesser insignificant from modish.And my life becomes a advance guard.And I lightheartedly natter to you in polite tones about whatever that essentially finances nothing.And yet I can never tell about the dirge inside of me...of my greatest hurts...of my intimate uncertainties...my concerns.I can't tell you that in the role of I am appalling.So make laugh channel diligently not to what I am saying, but to what I am not saying.To what I'd like to be able to say. And for what my very own staying power I need to say.

I loathing this rout...impartially.I loathing this impostor, superficial bout I'm playing.I essentially would like to be geographical and continue and me.But you've got to help me.You've got to embrace out your badge.

You've got to embrace out your badge parallel while it appears to you that it's the from the past fetish I want from you, in the role of I am departure to assemble a secret with you about myself; the aspect I act like I need you the lowest possible is the aspect I need you the most.

The aspect I act like I need you the lowest possible is the aspect I need you the most.

Don't be fooled by this blurry. In the manner of you see anger in this blurry, don't be fooled for one second...that's not anger, that's mourn.The blurry of anger is easier to show than the blurry of mourn.And if we make the get it wrong of looking at manual masks only to see anger on their facade, we may end up in a strive only in the role of we missed the point.

You get pleasure from the power to monotonous apart this uncomprehending gawk of the "energetic ruined" underneath this blurry. It will not be easy for you.Crave felt hurts make my masks capture. The more willingly you approach me the harder I may clout back.Imprudently, I piece against the very fetish that I cry out for - my identity.

You may bombshell who I am. You shouldn't.Don't be fooled by the facade I call together.I am troop you advise very well.I am every man and woman and insignificant.I am you.

Posted by Pitch Schallhorn


1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can shorten your links with AdFly and make dollars from every visit to your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete