Friday, December 6, 2013

The Evolution Of Steoffrey

The Evolution Of Steoffrey
when a friend asked me the other day how gf and I met and started dating, it dawned on me, our story is becoming foggy. I figured I should probably jot it down before I totally forget and have to make something up. (I do that sometimes.) So here goes, my first attempt at journal writing by memory. if you're going to take the time to read (though I would advise otherwise), you may want to grab a snack to get you through. Don't say I didn't warn you.

how we met:

in high school most all my friends went to a different school than me. I know that's an excuse people with no friends use to cover themselves, but it's true, all my friends went to highland and I was stuck at gilbert. My best friend Jenna (who you guessed it, was a highland hawk) would always tell me how much I reminded her of her friend Gfrey.

"You guys look and act "exactly" alike. You both have braces, purplish hair, and serious ADD! Plus you're in the same grade. You've gotta meet him!" Equally as curious as I was offended, I accepted her offer to introduce us. What self-centered 14 year old doesn't want to meet her carbon copy?

We finally met each other at a youth church event a couple weeks later. He was wearing these reddish-brown wranglers tucked into cowboy boots and he had this ridiculous hair that can only be described in two words. "Jimmy Neutron." Hubba Hubba! (I blocked out what I was wearing, so you know it was equally as bad.)

We instantly became friends (on AIM, of course) and grew even closer when I transferred to Highland the next year. We were always just friends. Between me always having a boyfriend, Gf never having girlfriends, and people telling us we looked alike, it was just not going to happen.

how we became best of friends:

when I was sixteen, I realized my best friend Jenna would be graduating from high school soon. She was going to college in Utah and I thought it would probably be a good idea to just go with her and finish high school online. So that is what I did. When I quickly got sick of being cold in Utah, I moved back to AZ to eventually walk with my graduating class and begin culinary school. (yes, my high school career was a joke.. another story for another time.) Moving back to AZ was kind of rough, all my friends were either going to college in another state or going to high school every day, I was stuck in the middle.

A few nights after moving back, I made myself go to a show. I can't remember what show, but the venue was carpeted and everyone was sitting down on the floor. I saw Gf sitting across the room wearing some outlandish outfit (peacocking does work!) and got so excited to see a familiar face. He mouthed from across the room, "Do you have any chapstick?" So naturally I threw some chapstick at him. He then took off the lid and pretended to rub it in his armpits. I thought, "Man that kid is gross, he's perfect for me."

Gf and I continued to play as friends. We would bike ride to Mesa Frozen Yogurt every night, go to concerts and movies together, dance to paula abdul, go on road-trips, etc. We wanted to be together all the time, and we pretty much were. I don't know what I would have done without him!

how we started dating:

One night we decided to build a fort where we (he) then decided to have our first smooch. The smooch was short-lived because we couldn't stop laughing and saying, "Oh my gosh, I just smooched Stacie WHITE!"...."So! I just smooched Gfrey LANG!" And so on and so forth.

A few days later I invited Gf to go on a family trip to California with me. He came along, and one day as we were leaving the beach (in front of my dad) he grabbed my hand and started holding it. I was trippin'!

After that hand-holding episode I considered us officially official. I then called my girl Jenna and was like, "Uhhh I think I'm dating Gf Lang, he holds my hand in front of family and stuff." And she laughed at us.

yes that's a fake tattoo on my neck, Jeffrey Sebeila style. just keeping it classy.

"I LOVE YOU!"

one night we were watching season one of "24" and it started raining outside. Gf, knowing what a sucker I am for any and all rain scenes in movies found it the ideal time to drop the "love" bomb. He turned off the TV and made me go outside with him. He was all, "Hey guess what?! I LOVE YOU!" and then I got all competitive and was like, "Well I love you MORE, so what?!" We were super googly-eyed for each other.

fast forward:

We continued dating for another year and a half. Some months were spent in different states, different countries, or 5 minutes apart from each other. We both preferred being 5 minutes apart though, and started to think how awesome it would be if we were zero minutes apart! (That means married in stfrey lang-uage.)

the proposal:

Gf came over one night shaking in his boots and was like, "I' think I'm going to ask your Dad if we can get married!" So like any mature 19 year old I ran and hid in my room until it was over. Gf recalls the conversation going something like this:

"Gf: "Can I talk to you Bishop White?

"Dad: "No."

"A very sheepish Gf: "Oh, alright. See ya!"

"Dad: "I'm kidding, what do you need?"

"...silence..."

"Dad: "Do you want to sing in church or something?"

"Gf: "I'd be happy to sing in church Bishop!"

"Dad: "I bet you would right now."

"...more silence..."

Once he got the A-ok from Richard it was torture. Knowing someone is going to pop the question soon but not knowing "when" is super sucky, am I right? Gf had several oppurtunities to propose but used them to fake me out instead. He once got down on one knee while we were on a beach walk in Mexico, then got up and laughed at me. I almost ultimate-punched him in the face so hard. Then another time in California we were at a Radiohead concert and our favorite song started to play. He kept acting like he was getting something out of his pocket, but it was just a jolly rancher. That little! The way he finally did decide to propose however was after a very competitive game of super mario kart. He claims he didn't have the ring ready till that night, and was too anxious to wait and give it to me any later. (And probably sensed I was going to explode if he waited another day.) We had a whopping 2 month long engagement (you're wonder woman, Mom) and had so much fun getting everything ready to be husband and wife!

I should probably finish this post up by paraphrasing our wedding day, but who can paraphrase their wedding day? "Part II:Wedding Day" coming soon, before I forget at least.

Origin: pua-celebrities.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment