Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My Girl Mary Grace Told Me About This Program Women For International

My Girl Mary Grace Told Me About This Program Women For International
So I've decided to support the ladies global-style. I've been thinking about how to go about it for awhile now, and of all the things that could've lit the fire under my tush, it was an article in Glamour about former sex slaves in Darfur. Those editors are so, so smart to interject the human interest pieces while you're indulging in guilty pleasures of fashion, cosmetics and dream sweepstakes. It's a stark contrast between real human suffering and the latest fad lip plumper.

My girl Mary Grace told me about this program, Women for Women International. I think 60 Minutes did something on them in January, too. It's 30 to join and then a minimum of 27/mo. to sponsor a woman. You can choose a country or simply default to wherever your help is most needed. You're matched with your "sister" in 4 weeks, and in addition to monetary support you have the option of writing letters for moral/emotional support. It's the most direct way I've seen in the way of affecting positive change in a war-torn country /changing another woman's life for the better.

Join me in sponsoring a woman survivor of war. Sign up online today at:

http://www.womenforwomen.org

Jeannette


0 comments:

Post a Comment